Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920×1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports for Windows
- Dock any brand of laptop to an extra display (up to 1920x1080), speakers, ethernet, and 4 USB ports
- DVI/VGA connector, 10/100 Ethernet RJ-45, 3.5 mm plugs for stereo speaker and mic, security slot
- Windows 7/Vista 32/64 and XP 32-bit drivers via Windows Update, download, or disk
- NOT RECOMMENDED for use with Mac OS Lion (10.7). Linux configuration for advanced users only
- Simple and small with no moving parts, no fans, all standard USB 2.0. Does not charge laptop
- Product Dimensions: 4.33 x 3.39 x 6.3 inches; 0.45 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds
- ASIN: B002PONXAI
- Item model number: UD-160-A
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Product DescriptionGet around the limitations of your laptop or notebook with a single, simple USB 2.0 connection to any DVI/VGA monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and other USB 2.0 devices which can stay on your desk; Share this common set of devices among several users with a swap of the USB cable; use the flexibility of the virtual USB graphics card to extend your Windows desktop across both displays.
USB virtual graphics provides full performance for office applications and web browsing, but videos and 3D games should be played on the computer's main screen.
Support for all of Windows XP 32-bit, Vista and Win7 32/64-bit with latest service packs. Windows Home Basic/Starter do not support multiple monitors. Not recommended for use with Mac (beta drivers only). GPL driver source on Linux and other platforms. Linux requires manual xorg.conf configuration - for advanced users only.
On Windows Vista and Win7, virtual USB graphics makes use of your primary GPU, so is compatible only with systems with a single Intel, nVidia, ATI GPU running recent WDDM drivers.
In the box
Includes an AC adapter, so even power-hungry USB devices like hard disks can be connected. Note that the docking station does not power or charge your laptop itself. The dock is a multifunction compound USB 2.0 device, with a Terminus USB 2.0 Hub, DisplayLink DL-165 USB Graphics, C-Media CM6300 USB Audio (supporting the USB Audio Class 1.0 standard), ASIX AX88772A USB Ethernet Chip.